Saturday, February 20, 2010

Madness

Today I got two letters in the mail from my insurance company.  The first one I opened said I had overpaid my premium due to a "processing error" (whatever THAT means), and that I would be receiving a refund check.

With dollar signs dancing in my eyes, I opened the second letter.  And I found my great big refund check of...drum roll, please...$0.17.  That is not a typo.  Seven...teen...cents.

This company paid postage to send two letters, processed two pieces of paper, in order to pay me $0.17.  I will have to deposit this into my bank account, undoubtedly via ATM, so there's gas, time, envelope, etc.  The bank will use their resources to credit this whopping refund to my account. 

All told I figure the world as a whole is in the hole, oh, $75.  Is it any wonder insurance premiums never drop?

I'd almost let it go, keep it as a conversation piece, but, well, I'm too damn cheap for that.  Seventeen cents is seventeen cents.  Doesn't mean I can't call it stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment