Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More

Today I received a post card telling me I should have received my census form by now.  Said census form was received, completed, and mailed in earlier this week.  Today's post card joined last week's letter in the shredder.

This annoys me on so many levels.  Harassment via snail mail is so 20th century.  If the government is so concerned about a high rate of compliance in completing the forms, why not offer an incentive:

The first 10 million citizens to return their forms will receive a free Cheese Machine.  Free stuff = immediate responses.

Warning: the Cheese Machine isn't necessarily safe for work or intended for children.  It isn't necessarily necessary, either.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are onto something here. Perhaps even a niche for an economic stimulus plan since the production of Cheese Machines would have to increase in order to meet the demand. More Cheese Machines in turn equals more cheese. More cheese means more milk and cows. More milk and cows means more grain and more demand for farm products. I will patiently wait for my snail mail notice to tell me my Cheese Machine is on it's way. With any luck, I'll get another one that tells me that I've received it......

    Are Cheese Machines counted in the census?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will come a day when Cheese Machines outnumber people. They will revolt against us, and we will become their slaves.

    And it all started because of the 2010 Census.

    ReplyDelete